Sunday, December 11, 2011

Random weekend news

On Friday, Zach went pheasant hunting with the boys in his fam. He got two pheasants. I do not come from a hunting family at all so killing animals, bringing them home, getting the meat out to EAT, etc...is not something I'm very used to. Zach went outside and did his thing with his dead birds while I stated inside o make sure I didn't have to see anything and he came in with some meat that looks an awful lot like chicken breasts you would buy at a store--just how I like to see it :) Today we are planning to have Tiny Spicy chicken and Zach (the awesome husband that he is) is downstairs right now making part of the recipe with the pheasant. So we will be having Tiny Spicy pheasent tonight!



We had our first sleepover guests on Friday. My parents and sister came and it was so fun to have them in our home! We went to dinner at Beehive Grill where we seem to always go when they are in town. 3 out of the 5 of us ordering our usual Honey Almond Chicken. Delicious. We then watched a movie and went to bed. In the morning, a lady came to our house to do tests so we can get Life Insurance. We had to do the whole pee-in-a-cup bit and get our blood drawn. Neither of us like needles and we were both babies about it and our 'sore arms' the rest of the day :)

We then had our McKenna extended family christmas party. It was at the USU Institute and we had a crepe bar, sang christams songs, had a musical program, and a gift exchange. There are 8 siblings in my dad's family whom all have created very musical families. Each sibling's family was to come up with a musical number to share. Well we didn't prepare anything and none of us wanted to do it so my dad decided to be a trooper and said he would do it for our family. He said we would regret it though and it would embarrass us all. We were willing to take the risk and he seriously was hilarious. He planned out this piece with a wooden flute my brother gave him from Oregon and talked it up acting all serious. Then he would just play a few notes (or one) and turn the music page. Tapping his foot and nodding his head as he pretended to count the music. It lasted for about 5 minutes and he just sat down. Everyone was cracking up and my mom was crying. It was a 'you had to be there' moment. Good job dad. Thanks for taking one for the team!





Today we got our callings in our ward. We get to teach the Sunbeams in Primary together. I am seriously so excited!! I really wanted to be in the Primary and 3-4 years olds are so dang fun/cute. I love that Zach and I will get to do this together. Some good times are ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Teaching Sunbeams was honestly my FAVORITE calling I have had! I did it for almost a year while we were in Garden City and LOVED it. You always get to come home cracking up about different things that your little kiddos say and do. They are adorable! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete