We do not get to the temple enough. It's bad. So as I was thinking about what I wanted to do on my day where I get whatever I want, I thought this would be the perfect time. Emily and Caroline came to babysit and Zach and I were able to spend time together doing a session in the temple. It was so nice. Being in the temple always gives me the perspective I need. It had me thinking of how 26 years ago I was just leaving my heavenly home and family to come to earth. And how on this 'anniversary'/my birthday I got to be in a place on earth that is closest to that heaven. It had me realizing how 26 years is so small in the eternal perspective of what my life will be, yet also how many blessings I've been given during this time. I felt so much love and it was so nice having personal conversations with my sweet husband about our life and future in such a holy place.
We grabbed dinner from Rumbi on the way home and I got to play with the boys for about an hour before they were off to bed. I love evenings with my little family. The boys were being so cute and Jack was trying new tricks for us and making us laugh.
I got to end the night with snuggles on the couch with Zach watching my favorite TV Show, Parenthood. Cried through it all as always. It was a wonderful day! PS I got the best birthday hugs from these guys.
Then on Saturday my parents came to babysit while Zach and I went out to the Rock Haus and tried out rock climbing. When we were checking in to pay, they told us someone already paid for us! Jacob had gone climbing that morning and took care of our bill. SO NICE. We had so much fun!
Then all my family (minus Braden) went to an early dinner at Kabuki. The fire still made the boys cry, but the food was delish as always.






No comments:
Post a Comment