Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentines Day

I love Valentines day. Not that Zach and I are usually great at celebrating it properly, but because it's all about love. I love love. And I have a lot of amazing people to love and be grateful for. I dressed up my Valen-tiney's in their red and took some pictures. I love them with all my heart.
Zach was flying all of Valentines Day so I knew we wouldn't get to do much on the actual day. But I was pleasantly surprised by him on Monday after my first day back at work. I walked in and he handed me Joelle and told me go upstairs. I got to be with my kids I'd missed all day while he prepared a surprise dinner for us. He had taken the kids to 2 different stores that day and together they picked out stuff for me. Melt my heart! Jack wanted plates so they got fancy red plates, and Eli wanted a heart so they got a heart pan. Zach made the most impressive cake with it. We enjoyed dinner as a family and it was so great. We let the boys have ginger ale in the crystal glasses and Eli after his first sip was wide eyed and coughed and said "WOW!" It was so funny. We went around to every person in our family and talked about why we love them. Jack and Eli could only come up with reasons about the food we make them. "I love him because he makes me muffins. Because she makes me noodles." They love food :)
On actual Valentines Day I came home from work to a box of chocolate covered strawberries sent to our house in the mail. Such a thoughtful gift from Zach since he had to be away. He made me feel so special and loved and I'm a lucky girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment