Friday, May 26, 2017

Graduating Kindergarten

Graduating Kindergarten officially happened. It is completely bittersweet and all the emotions involved. When I got hired at Thomas Edison Charter School, I never knew the impact it would make in my life. I feel like I had a dream experience as a teacher because of getting to work at this school. Administration is so supportive and they always had my back. I met coworkers that have become life long friends. I've taught multiple siblings within families (some even 3 siblings within a family) that how now become dear friends. I got to be surrounded by positivity and in a drama free environment the entire 6 years. I feel like I was given opportunities to become the best kind of teacher I could become. I also feel like I was given opportunities to become a better person in general. The high expectations I was given made me rise in all areas of my life. It was a job that was much more than a job. I can't imagine my life without this piece in it.

It was so special to me that Zach, my boys, my daughter, and Jessica all came to my final Graduation program. There is the back as I'm holding back tears doing my thing for the last time, I could see the reason behind it all. My biggest fans. And the 3 little faces I was about to be able to make my full time job. It was a great day of celebration with my classes and my family all together.
 Walking out of the school for the last time with my family by my side was so special. I'm so going to miss the fulfillment being a teacher gave me and the amazing community I got to be a part of. But I'm also so ready to make the relationships in my little family and my role and a wife and mother my main priority and focus. This is my time! I am overwhelmed by the challenges ahead of me as a mother but I am so thankful I am going to be able to live my dream and pray I can do it the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment