Thursday, November 12, 2009

Babysitting

Our niece and nephew (Faith and Jonah) came over last night for a few hours for us to babysit. It was different coming home from class to children in our apartment! They are just so dang cute and we had a good time together playing, coloring, and watching a movie. Just those few shorts hours of being responsible for kids instead of just ourselves made me realize how our lives are going to be forever changed once we have kids. I love having children around because they do the funniest/cutest things, are so curious, are so playful, are so entertaining, and just simply make you happy! But for right now, I really do love having a husband and only a husband for the majority of the time. It made me realize how much I look forward to and expect having that one on one time with him. And that I really need to appreciate this small part of our life where we only have each other to focus on. Cuz when you think about it, this is only a VERY small stage of our lives together. I am so excited to one day start our family and raise beautiful little Karlis and Zachys! But for now... I love just being a wifey :)


Playing Pretty Pretty Princess


Jonah being a princess! seriously though..he is too cute


Zach and Faith coloring and intently watching Swan Princess!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun night. You are so right the married couple with no children stage is such a short time so enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Jill said! That just husband/wife stage is such a learning experience-and such a blast! You guys make great babysitters, though! What a fun aunt and uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and brock babysat the other day too and it was so weird. I totally know the feeling you are talking about. I want little kids, but at the same time, i totally appreciate it just being me and brock. They are demanding, but oh so cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete