Friday, January 8, 2010

Ice skating

I've been asking Zach to take me ice skating for a week or two now and last night my pleading finally worked and we went! Probably a bad choice of nights though because it was FREEZING. Well under 10 degrees and the low that night was -5. Ha! Well we put on a million layers to attempt to stay warm and Zach was trying to get me to wear a hat. For some reason I just hate wearing hats and get really self conscious about it cuz I don't like how I look in them. So I was being really dumb about it and Zach kept saying, "I'm your HUSBAND, not your BOYFRIEND! It doesn't matter!" I just thought that was funny :) Yes Zach, you are my husband. yay.

Living proof of the awkward hat-ness

There were actually quite a few people there which surprised us because of how cold it was. Also last year Zach took me here as part of our Valentines date and we were the only ones :) that was fun to have the whole rink to ourselves. Anyway, they make this rink at a park that is right below the temple (for those of you who aren't Logan-ites and didn't know that) so its just beautiful getting to skate and enjoy the view of the temple the whole time. We only stayed for like an hour cuz we really couldn't feel our toes by then. So we went home and drank some much needed hot chocolate.

Cold

2 comments:

  1. How fun. I have not ice skated there since I was a little girl. Many great memories of skating with my older sister. Can you rent skates there now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! What a great date idea. And I must say, I think you look adorable in that hat! You need to wear it again, and again. The hat-consciousness will wear off--at least mine did. I also loved your New Years pictures. You two are such an adorable couple!!!!

    ReplyDelete