Monday, February 15, 2010

I think I like February 14th now!

So. I have had boyfriends in the past, but every year they would magically dissapear from my life conveniently before Valentine's Day. So last year on February 14th, 2009, I had my very first Valentine's date. And it just happened to be Zach! At this time last year we were just getting into the whole "offically dating" thing and I was still on edge with where I stood in it all. So this year on Valentines Day, it was my very FIRST "I love you and you love me" day. And wow can I just say February 14th is actually a wonderful day when that is the case :) It's cool to think that Zach is the only guy I will ever spend this special day with. I love that thought.

At first we were kinda bummed that it was on a Sunday this year because we couldn't go out and do something, but by the end of the day we were both really happy that this is how it worked out this year. Because we got to spend the whole day together! If it had been on a school day, we would have been at work and school all day, then would have come home to homework we needed to do. So it was great to get to sleep in together (our church isn't till 1:30), go to church together, make and have dinner together, and have the whole night after visiting family to ourselves with no thought of school or work.

Saturday night after I got home from work Zach had 2 roses on the table for me signifying our second valentines day together. Last year on our first Valentine's date, I didn't have a vase at my apartment so I ended up putting the flowers he gave me in a blender! So Zach had the two roses in a blender sitting on the table for me when I got home :)


We planned on not buying eachother any presents this year due to the fact that we bought a trip to Mexico for next month. But when I got home, Zach was being all cute with me and in such a good mood and finally said, "so what did you get me for valentines day?" I reminded him that we WEREN'T going to get each other anything this year and if he broke that little deal he'd be in big trouble. He just smiled and laughed and yep he was in trouble! I have been wanting a pretty mirror to hang up in our room and he had went and bought one that day while I was at work. He made me sit on the couch and close my eyes while he brought it out. I had no idea he was going to do that and it was a great surprise! (The reflection in the picture makes it look like it has lines and stuff, but it really is just a piece of mirror)

We had some birthday shopping to do that night and I had a lot of homework to do, so we just grabbed some Taco Bell (one of our favorite fast food places--which we don't go to often so don't worry) and got all our errands and hw done that night.

When Zach was showering that night I quickly decked out the apartment in Valentine's stuff to surprise him when he got out! It was fun! This is a poster I made as part of the decorations with pictures and quotes.
We slept in in the morning and ate cinnamon roles in bed. It was great! We had a great morning just relaxing and getting stuff ready for dinner after church.

While I was showering for church Zach had put rose pedals all over the house...including the toilet seat. haha it made me laugh! I've never seen such a romantic toilet before!

Last year we had attempted to make for the first time a recipe from his mission. They are beef empanadas and one of his favorite things from the mission. So this year we decided to make that again. This time they turned out much better and it was so yummy! We had a great dinner by candlelight with peach sparkling cider.

Valentine's Day has NEVER been better!! Can't wait to get to spend the rest of them with Zach throughout our life together!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So happy you two had such a good V-day! Thanks for the stories and pics Kar. I loved them! The rose petals on the toilet seat made me and brent laugh out loud. Brent said, "gosh we have the coolest friends." Haha, we love you guys!! Love your posts girl. You and Zach are A D O R A B L E

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Valentine's! I love all the pictures you guys take! Don't you just love the excuse to spend more time together :).

    ReplyDelete