Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Best Memorial Day Ever!

We finally got to go camping! yay! We just spent a night up Logan canyon with our friends Brooke and Brandon. We were way lucky to get a spot on such a busy weekend but our men sweet talked our way into a great spot for a great deal.

Number one goal when camping= start a fire
This is how Zach decided to go about this task....




It was so funny watching him and Brandon attempt to make the fire. Lots of laughs and attempts. But finally there was SUCCESS! And we roasted yummy hot dogs for dinner.



Once they had the fire stable, the boys had a blast making it bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER. It got so hot that we could barely even sit on the benches by it! This is a pic of us burning up.


Brooke and Brandon had to leave really early, but Zach and I had a yummy breakfast of cinnamon rolls and orange juice in our tent :)

Then we took a walk around the camp ground and along the river. It was so beautiful and perfect weather. There's nothing better than being surrounded by beautifulness!



We then packed up, went home, got cleaned up, and got ready for the next adventure of the day...Repeling! On our 4 day camping trip in a few weeks, we will have to do some repeling. So Brooke and Brandon took us on a practice run to teach us what we need to know. We were both a little scared as you can tell by our faces....


But we SURVIVED! I'm so proud of us! And now we are ready to go for our trip :)

Later that night after organizing closets, filling bags for the DI, and throwing out stuff we just do not need---we played some soft ball! Our stake is starting a softball tournament and our wards first game is on Wednesday. Apparently it has to go boy-girl-boy-girl in the game...and I do NOT play softball....or any other sport that is. I like to play around and have fun with sports, but I just wasn't born with that natural athletic talent that some people have. And it can sometimes be quite embarassing :) SO Zach and I just went to the grass outside our apartment to practice up! It was tons of fun and I feel a lot better and we are way excited to play on Wednesday!



Yay for Memorial Day. No work. No school. Just play. What a life.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! You will be awesome at Softball. I love playing softball but it has been like 10 years since I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Zach go to Argentina on his mission? (The jersey he's wearing in the last picture...) Cause Carl did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya he did! he went to the buenos aires north mission. where did carl go? cool!

    ReplyDelete