Friday, August 6, 2010

Goodbye...

This beauty of a minivan is now gone from my life forever...

This vehicle has been a part of me since 1995. I grew up with it and when I turned 16, it became mine. I drove it every day to high, had it in college, and now as I am married. A mini van isn't exactly a new teenage drivers dream car---but after driving it for 5-6 years, I've grown to love it. I knew the day would come when it would soon die and I always knew I would be sad when it did. But this van's passing came sooner than expected---it sill runs fine but a truck had to take its place. Zach's work needed a new truck and we couldn't have three cars, so mine was the one to go.

I will miss.....
  • laying in your backseat during roadtrips between Seattle and Utah
  • getting picked up from the bus stop
  • your hanging thing in the front that so many people would point out
  • your endless scratches from bike handles, scooters, etc
  • your sliding door on just one side that seemed impossible for new comers to close or open
  • your manual rolling windows
  • your "air bag" light flashing at me the past few years
  • your over 150,000 miles
  • the time something broke inside you and you kept overheating and I had to get rescued by grandpa from the side of the road
  • driving you to highschool in Washington and everyone knowing I MUST be mormon because I drove you
  • the car dancing memories with friends in highschool
  • getting lost countless times
  • your thumping sound whenever I turned a corner that resembled the sound of a dead man rolling around in the trunk
  • getting pulled over 3 times in an hour because one of your headlights burned out
  • your heater that would never quite heat me enough in cold Logan winters

Lots of memories.

But now---my Zach is EXTREMELY happy and excited to have our new truck! He was so gitty all day yesterday before we had it in our possession. He just loves it and I have to admit, it's pretty fun to drive.

1 comment:

  1. Karli, That is so sad about your van, but that truck rocks! Wow! That is so fun! Good job picking.

    ReplyDelete