Saturday, September 18, 2010

The things girls do

*Warning* If you are not a woman and feel uncomfortable reading about woman things, stop reading right here.

I just have to write about this funny story that happened the other day. I woke up feeling really sick and had really bad stomach pains. It was worse than usual and it was even hard for me to get out of bed. Luckily I didn't have any classes that day, but I somehow had to make it to the store to get some essential items to make me feel better. I texted Zach and told him my dilema just so I could complain to someone - you know how that makes you feel better sometimes ;) Well about ten minutes later he showed up with the essential items I was in desparate need of. He had left work to get them for me without even telling me he was going to and without one word of complaint or sign of embarrassment. True man right there.

Well fast forward to the next day at school. I am with the same girls all day every day for my classes this year, so we of course have become good friends. I don't know if you are aware, but girls like to compare. Especially when it comes to their men and the "cute" things they do. I don't know why girls do this. But after lunch, one girl had told us how her husband had picked her up from class with roses and a pizza and took her to eat at the park. This of course was followed by a chorus of "awwwww"s and "that is so cute!" Which were all justified comments because that was such a cute thing to do. But instead of trapping myself in that whole comparison thing and thinking, "Oh he is so cute, I wish my husband picked me up to take me on a picnic, blah blah blah" I turned to my friend and said, "Well my husband bought me tampons and midol yesterday!" It made us laugh. :)

Just a friendly reminder to all you women out there to be happy and grateful for the man you've got!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, what a good hubby! I hate days like that I hope you are felling better.

    ReplyDelete