Wow I haven't posted a single thing for weeks. Not that any of you out there are dying for boring details from our life, but it's no good for me to not keep recording stuff. I gotta get back into the habit, and not let life get in the way.
I have been thoroughly enjoying my time with my first graders. I get to come home each day with funny stories to tell Zach about all they do. They are full of life, curiosity, humor, and honesty. I just love working with kids. I am learning so much from my cooperating teacher and am getting tons of teaching experience and practice. Just 2 more weeks after this Thanksgiving break and the semester is done. Crazy how time speeds up when you're busy!
Zach has been really busy with work the past few weeks and now is coming down with some kind of sickness. We are hoping it won't last long and also won't spread to his wifey---me :)
It has been a winter wonderland here in Logan the past few days. Tons of snow! And the forecast looks absolutely frigid. A high of 11 on Wednesday....hopefully the weather people are wrong about that one!
We got to live without running water for a few days this week! They had problems when turning off the sprinkler system for the winter, and then more problems getting it back up for our apartment. It is thankfully all fixed this afternoon and I now have a new found appreciation for running water to do dishes with, flush the toilet with, and to shower with. I don't quite know how parts of the world really don't have running water...ever. We are very blessed.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving this week with the Johnsons! A break from school and work is much needed and we are excited for all the extra time with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment