Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Celebrations

The Johnsons did all their Easter traditions and celebrations on Saturday. It was a fun filled day. In the morning we went to an egg hunt in Paradise. They divided the kids by age and after the actual egg hunt they released bunnies and chickens for the kids to run around like crazy people to try and catch them. If you caught one, you got to take it home. It seriously was one of the most entertaining events I've ever watched! Our nieces and nephews got so into it. It was hilarious. Noone from our family caught anything though.





Then we all went to Old Main to roll eggs down the hill. Zach's family does this every year and it's a fun tradition. The kids love it. They love running down the hill, chasing the eggs, and gathering them back up. Some weren't boiled and Andrew loved stomping on them and watching them explode. It was so funny! Check out Jonah's intense throwing form. He would throw eggs all day if we let him.





Then we enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Zach's parent's house followed by another egg hunt for the grandkids. Willa had some really cute and fun little Easter goodies for all the grandchildren. I love watching them be so excited.


We then had a contest among families. We were given some supplies; water bottle, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, a box, tape, etc. And we had to create something to keep a raw egg from breaking when dropped three times from the roof of the house. We all succeeded, but Greg and Mandi landed closest to the target so they won! Zach and I made a sweet parachute for ours :)


That ladder freaked me out. But noone died so it's all good!

Well I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter today celebrating the true meaning of this holiday. I know Zach and I have had a great day at church already. With wonderful lessons and talks reminding us of our Savior, His atonement for us, and His ressurection. I truly feel so full of gratitude for these eternal blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment