Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seattle Trip

Last week was my spring break. For the last 4 days of it, Zach, my mom, and I took a trip to Washington. Jamie was having her wedding reception there and we jumped on that opportunity to make our way back to our old home! My family absolutely loved living in Washington and we all have the fondest memories and feelings about this place. I lived there from birth to 6, then from 9th grade to after high school. I moved to Logan for college, then my family followed me to Utah a year after that. I haven't had the chance to go back for about 2 1/2 years. I have always wanted to show Zach where I lived, my town, my ward, my school, the things I love about Seattle, and favorite restaraunts. It was so so fun to get to show him everything! We had such a fabulous trip with WONDERFUL sunny weather. So lucky. As we drove home from the airport after it all, Zach was telling me his favorite parts and said, "I'd live there!". I'm glad he loved it, cuz I sure do!

As soon as we landed we went to eat at my family's favorite Thai restaraunt...even though it was 8pm! Oh my I was in heaven. Their Phad Thai is THE best ever. Let's just say there were zero leftovers.

                                                     The silly people I was with. Love them

How I felt after a dinner from heaven.

After filling our stomachs, we went over to the Bullocks. They redid a lot of their home this year and it was so fun to see. They had so many amazing/beautiful/unique new things and Zach genuinley loved so much of it. This side of their fireplace was his favorite. It looked like interwoven stone-so cool.


We stayed at a fun hotel in Redmond called the Sierra. It was perfect. In the morning we drove around neighborhoods where I used to live in Woodinville, showing Zach houses. Because he works in construction, he loves houses and looking at different/creative ideas. He was obsessed with all the hardi board and different ways it was used. We could have spent the majority of the day driving around and he would have been a happy boy :) This was one of his favs.


This is my old house. I miss the porch :(


We then went into Seattle to do the typical touristy stuff with Zach. We went to Seattle Center first. We just explored around the Space Needle and everything around it. We got yummy fudge that my mom was craving and ate it by the fountain in the sun while we watched children be too cute.






We then went closer to the water and ate lunch at Ivars. Yummmmy fish and chips :)


We then walked up to Pike's Place Market. Zach got to see the famous "throwing of the fish", we got to try fabulous jam that was to die for, and just looked at all the shops and stands.





After we had all the sites checked off our list, we got to spend the next few days with the Bullocks. It was nice to get to spend girl time with Jamie and to be around while they set up for her reception. Zach had plenty of jobs around the house to do with Brent (Jamie's husband). Zach loved getting to have another guy to be with! He had lots of fun getting to know him better. Seriously my husband is the best worker ever. I love him for that. He was doing jobs and anything to help left and right...while I went with Jame to get her nails done...watched her get her hair done...chatted...haha dang it :) One of the funner jobs they got to do was put the tramp out on the lake in their backyard.


Jamie house was completely transformed for her reception. Pictures were replaced with Jamie and Brent and quotes that went with their theme. Couches were moved out to put in tables. Every room on that main floor was decked out in beautifulness! Here are some of things I loved...

 In the entryway there was a beautiful arch and a wishing tree. The wishing tree was like their guest book where people wrote down wishes for them and hung in on the tree. So creative.


 Centerpieces were on framed mirrors. I loved that touch of having the reflection from the lit candles.

 They had her mom's and both grandma's wedding dresses hanging up with their wedding pictures next to them.

 The deck with heaters so people could be outside and enjoy the beautiful view of the lake.

Gorgeous cake that was also delicious might I add :)

Literally hundreds of people came to support Brent and Jamie. They are so loved by so many! Zach and I spent the entire time making the drink and filling cups. Zach's arm was sore the next day, funny! It was a great spot to be because then I got to see everyone from my old ward as they came through the food line. It was so fun to introduce Zach to all my old church leaders andd friends.


It was a great night. Tiring for sure but SO fun to see. I'm so happy we got to be there for it. We love you Brent and Jamie. Thanks for letting us be a part of your weekend.



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had such a fun time! That's great you got to be there to support your friend on her big day and also that you could go through all your old stomping grounds. Truthfully, we wish your family still lived up there just so we would have a reason to visit (although it'd be a tough trade since we love having you all so close, now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every picture of your mom. She is so cute! Love her. And you. And Jamie! You're all gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete