Saturday, November 16, 2013

2 Months Old

Happy 2 months Jack and Eli! They're so old they can grow facial hair. It's amazing. 
The past 2 months have honestly been the best 2 months of our lives. Becoming parents has brought so much joy into our home and our marriage. The past few weeks, Zach and I started the habit of saying prayers with the boys before they go to sleep. We stand over their crib and Zach hugs me from behind as we get to thank Heavenly Father for the two little miracles lying beneath us. I can't explain the love I feel for them each night as we do this. I know I'm feeling Heavenly Father's love for them as well. I just can't believe we've been so blessed to be trusted to care for them. Nothing makes me more happy than being their mom and Zach's wife. I love my family.

At 2 months, Jack and Eli are: (with plenty of pictures of course)
  • Eating 3-4 oz every 3 hours during the day. They eat then stay awake for about an 1-1 1/2 hours then go back to sleep until about the next feeding. If one wakes up early and the other is still sound asleep, we make them wait to eat to keep them on the same schedule. Most often they think it's time to eat NOW so it can take some convincing that they want to wait for their brother :)
  • Drinking mostly formula now because I've gone back to work. It is what has been easiest for me so I don't have to worry about trying to pump during the work day. 
  • Wearing 0-3 and 3 month clothes. 
(Jack in next 2 pictures)
  • Gaining weight! Jack weighs 12.2 pounds and Eli weighs 11.4 pounds (Could be off a little. This is figured out just on our home scale)
  • Loving bath time every night.
  • Going to bed around 7:30-8:00pm and sleeping for about 7 hours pretty consistently before they want to eat again. I have been doing the first night feeding by myself and Zach does the next one around 6am by himself. 
(Eli in next 2 pictures)

  •  Starting to say 'goo' and make little noises with consonants more often. Their voices are the cutest little things. 

  • Smiling when we talk to them. Both will smile when you play with their binky in their mouth. It's kind of turned their binky into a toy though and when we give it to them in the middle of the night, they will often smile before starting to suck on it. 
(Jack)
 (Eli)
 (Eli/Jack)
  • Really good at following objects and us with their eyes. They notice us a lot more, especially when trying to nap. When I go into their room during a nap, if one isn't all the way asleep they will follow me with their eyes as I'm walking around.
  • Exploring with their tongue a lot more. They are always sticking it in and out, or licking/sucking anything near their mouth-including each others hands and heads :)
(Eli)









  • Sitting in their baby seats with no swaddled blanket needed to keep them in it safely. They are liking more and more to hang out in them. Especially if they are looking at the lights on the tv.
(Eli)

 (Jack)
  • Holding their head up better and better. But obviously still need a lot of support. 

1 comment: