Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Let's Party! Jack & Eli turn ONE

I do not know two other babies that could possibly be more loved than Jack and Eli. They were spoiled with love and attention for their birthday by so many people. Some lucky boys we have! They got some pre birthday presents from the Evans cousins, Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, and Laurie. They loved every single one and it was so fun seeing relatives pick such perfect gifts for them.
Drum and piano from the Evans. 
 Little Sesame Street guys, clothes, and a train set from Johnsons and Laurie.
Planning a memorable day and celebration for them was so fun. I didn't want to go too crazy, but I wanted it to be special for them. I hated that I couldn't be home to party all day with them, but I had the house decorated the night before and had them wake up to a living room full of balloons.
 This picture banner had a picture from every month up to their birthday.
We had a pre party with my family and opened some more presents.
Clothes and puzzles from my parents. 
Awesome books from the 60's from Auntie Em.
 Kissing the books.
 Looking at a sound book from Ronnie (Heather's boy)
The one thing I KNOW they love is swimming. I was hoping it would work out to have a pool party with them, but then I learned our pool was closing the day before their birthday and I was certain it wouldn't even be warm enough in mid September. Well I ended up getting special permission to have the pool stay open one more day for us, and the weather was in the upper 80's that day! We had friends and family come at 6:00pm for cake and ice cream then we headed out to swim for the rest of the evening. It was a perfect evening. The boys had a fussy day but as soon as it was time to party in the pool they were absolutely thrilled. I never see them happier than when they are in the water. It made me so happy to see them having so much fun with all their cousins loving on them. 
Very simple smash cakes made FREE from Smith's. I added the letters with sprinkles. This was the boys first real go at sugar. I've been doing everything I can to hold them off of sugar as long as possible. I think our families were happy we finally let them stuff their faces with the good stuff for their birthday. (Although they really didn't eat much of it)
 Eli took some convincing to try it, while Jack started shoving handfuls of frosting in his mouth.
 Eli caught on soon enough. 
Not everyone got pictured, but I want to remember who all came to join in on the fun. All my family (minus Braden), all of Zach's family, Grandma and Grandpa Christensen, Brooke and Brandon, Caroline, and Heather and Ronnie.
 After the party we bathed them, had their bottles, and got to open yet another present from Brooke and Brandon (awesome toy cars!). They stayed up way past their bed time and were pooped. Good night my handsome one year olds! We loved celebrating you today!



2 comments:

  1. So amazing that both of your families were there! loved all the pics! So glad they had a great 1st birthday. Love those twins!! ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a fun day! I loved seeing all of the pictures of your boys! What a happy day for you and them!

    ReplyDelete