Friday, February 12, 2016

Everyday moments

Jack and Eli right now are truly in such a fun stage individually and together. I love having everyday moments that are so simple with them yet they fill my heart so much. I'm certain that only getting to see them for a few hours a day makes my time at home mean so much more to me. I'm grateful for that perspective I get to live with right now in this stage of motherhood. They are changing so much lately it's insane. I feel like when I get home from work each day they are different from when I left them.
One day while they were eating I just had to get out the camera because they were so dang handsome! You'd think I would get used to their cuteness but I just don't. 
 They often ask for "high fives?" and "knuckles?" from each other. They do the Baymax sound/fingers after knuckles with eachother and it's adorable. 
 Lately they have been so into hanging out in this little corner. They love to play with their "animals" over there. They hide them, make their sounds, give them kisses, put them to bed, and are learning all the official dinosaur names of all of them. 
 More than ever they really just need each other to be entertained. It is so nice because it allows me to get one or two chores done after work and I get to watch and listen to them interact with their little imaginations. One night when I was cleaning our bathroom, they were laughing hysterically on my bed while they played peek-a-boo games in my covers. Nothing fills my heart to the max then hearing their sounds of joy together. Melts me every time. 
 Family time right before bed is the best. Zach got them to snuggle so good one night on the floor while they were stalling and they were being so happy. In that moment I remember thinking to myself how lucky we are to have a happy family. That my boys just have no real worries in the world with the life they were born into. They get to be so content and can feel safe in our home. Yet there are so many children around the world who don't get to feel that security and love of a family. It made me get emotional just looking at their sincerely happy faces snuggled up with their daddy thinking that so many children struggle to fill those basic needs and they have no control over their circumstances. My heart yearns to be that love for some of those children one day. 
 Fresh haircuts and looking good in new clothes from Nana Lisa!
 Jack has a little ingrown toenail and he wears a bandaid with medicine on it with a sock every day.
 We had a little backdrop set up for a newborn shoot Emily was doing at my house so I quickly took some pictures of them while it was up. They were all about the brotherly love and it just makes me laugh. They seriously do love eachother so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment