I really love that there is a holiday to love on everyone special in your life. I definitely didn't take the time to make it extra special this year but it was still a wonderful day to spend all day together as a family since it fell on a Sunday this year! We have the best family and friends who love on us and my boys. My mom made us cards and rice krispie treats. Emily made little hand valentines with the boys that I love. Ronnie brought over new cars for Jack and Eli. Willa brought us treats and snack cups for the boys. Getting these little surprises just make me so happy and wish I was better at doing it myself for others.
We have 9:00am church so a big festive breakfast wasn't going to happen. But I did surprise all three of my boys with balloons. The simplest things make Jack and Eli so happy and I love that.
Heart toast and eggs.
I look forward to hopefully having a daughter one day. But right now in this stage of our family, it sure makes me feel like such a lucky lady to have three boys who love me so much. Whenever I see a picture of our family I'm reminded of how outnumbered I am and how I wouldn't have it any other way! They each fill a part of my heart with the kind of love that I need to be happy. I recognize how their love fills my life with so much purpose every day and how blessed we are to have each other as a family. It's something I often pray about at night as we are putting the boys to bed. I am just so grateful to be blessed to feel so much love and have these special people in my life to focus my love onto as well. I don't deserve them and I am forever grateful they choose to put up with me and my faults.
My number 1 Valentine for always.
Next year we very well might be apart on Valentines Day (hoping Zach will be officially flying for an airline by then) so I made my men pose for a self timer family pic. They are so adorable!
We spent the day at church, napping, watching Aladdin, and visiting family. Pretty great day.










No comments:
Post a Comment