Sunday, April 17, 2016

Never Together

We are living through the busiest time of life we've probably ever faced. I constantly am feeling swamped with end of year events to get ready for with teaching, my responsibilities and meetings with being in the Relief Society Presidency, and never feeling on top of my house work, let alone seeing my kids and spending important quality time with them. Then Zach is getting near the end of a 20 credit semester and taking on so many flight students that he is packing in 20-30 flight hours a week. He recently has had to start going to a SIM class from 6-10pm two days a week and continues to participate in church basketball until 10pm another day of the week and is flying until late evening the other days of the week. Since he has classes to attend during the day, he packs a lot of cross country trips into his weekends to get hours in where he can which means he is away a lot. Just yesterday he left the house before 7am and got home right before midnight. I know it can always get busier and be harder but let's just say we cherish our moments together as a family and sure miss each other a lot. 
I had two hours between work and church meetings on a sunny day and we made it out to the park instead of making dinner or cleaning the house. Time well spent. 
 The cute smile Eli does lately. 
 One Sunday evening Zach was home from a flight before dark. We were both tired from the day but I made us get off our bums and take the boys to play at the park and spend some uninterrupted time with just us. I loved watching them learn how to work their new baseball bats and have a blast on the playground.
 The best greeting I could ever get as I walked home one day for my lunch break!
 Picture of Jack sent to me while at work. So handsome!
 One Saturday while Zach was gone all day on a cross country, I took the boys to Willow Park Zoo by myself. It was so fun to hang out with them and be just us! I would usually invite a friend to join but it was to only have my boys to focus on and enjoy. They were having an event with a bounce house, little games, and a petting area. So fun.
 One Sunday when Zach was away, I introduced the boys to Pretty Pretty Princess...They loved it! 
 Staying up late with daddy to get some snuggles in and watch a movie together! 
Thank goodness our kids are so patient and flexible. They just have the best time with each other no matter what craziness goes on around them. Such a blessing to be a KID with no worries in the world and to have a brother who is always a constant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment