Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Long time, no blog

I've been a bad blogger the past week or so...woops. I guess I've just been distracted by the ending of another semester. I can't believe a semester has already come and gone (just 2 more finals!) Time seems to be going extra fast these days. Not too much is new in the life of Zach and Karli. I'll try to think of some of the highlights:

- Decorated our apartment for christmas before thanksgiving :) We have a cute little tree my mom got for us, stockings hanging on the wall (that's what happens when you don't have a fireplace), and random little things around our place. It's not much and I can't convince myself to spend too much money on other stuff, but it still brings the spirit of christmas into our home and I LOVE THAT FEELING. I am so excited to get to spend christmas with Zach this year. It makes every part of it so much better.


-We got a free ice cream maker and have tested it out many times and have learned that it's our new favorite kitchen appliance. Our favorite creations so far are the lemon sorbet and cookies and cream...and we are soon going to try mango! yummmm :) Yes it is winter and freezing and yes we are making ice cream on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with that.

- Got all (basically) of our christmas shopping done shortly after thanksgiving and online this year. It was wonderful.

- We've been going to all the Aggie basketball games each week and supportin' it up in the student section! They are always fun and very entertaining to hear all the cheers and see all the signs that the fans come up with. The BYU game the other week was probably the craziest sporting event I've ever been to in my life. If you've never been to a game at the spectrum....you need to. There's no way to really explain it

- We taught our first lesson at church as the new sunday school teachers. It was so fun to teach together and I love that we get to have the calling together as a couple. I can't wait for the very far future when we will get to serve a mission together and prepare and teach the gospel every day!

- Logan decided it's winter and there is a decent amount of snow now on the ground. This means walking to school in the freezing and wet and trying not to die on the ice. Luckily this is our last week of walking the hill to school!

Well I wish I had something more exciting to fill you in on, but for now this will have to do. We can't wait to be done with school and just have work to worry bout! Very much looking forward to that break and spending more time with eachother and family. Love the holidays!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little Christmas tree you have-and it even has presents under it! i love your blog post, Karli. They always make me think about the good things that happen in life. Thanks for appreciating the small things and reminding me that life is really good!

    ReplyDelete