Friday, December 18, 2009

Love is a verb

I came across this quote:

"Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day."

And it made me think of some advice my dad gave me and Zach the day before our wedding. He told us how love is a verb. Love is something we do and we physically show through our actions. It is not a passive thing. I guess through the last 4 MONTHS (today!) of being married to Zach and while we were dating before as well, I have seen through example how love truly is at it's finest when thought of as an action. I've seen it in the way Zach speaks to me, or in the little things he does like opening my door, holding my hand, or giving me a big hug and kiss when he comes home from work. It's more than just verbally saying the words, "I love you". It is proving that in the way you live. It is such a blessing to get to experience love as a verb in my life and I hope I do the same for him.

"Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry."

1 comment: