Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Number 1

Zach's B-day is at the end of this month and the birthday celebrations have already begun. We celebrated May birthday's in the Johnson family on Monday. He got his FAVORITE movie lately that he has been waiting to get since the day it came out--Tron. Also some money to Best Buy for him to choose a game for the X-Box. He's a happy boy.


I was in charge of making the cake this month, and since I had all the time in the world now that I'm graduated...I decided to try something new. I used recipes from three different internet sites for the perfect combination of cake and glazes. It turned out so yummy! If you are needing a good fix of chocolate, try this. You won't be dissapointed. 

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE

1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 (4 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1 3/4 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, chocolate chips. In a separate bowl combine milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add egg mixture to dry mixture and mix by hand until blended. Pour into a greased 10 inch (3 quart) bundt pan.
Bake 350°F for 50-55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan.

Cream Cheese Glaze
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature

4 ounces regular or lowfat cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2-4 tablespoons milk (I ended up using 3)
In a small mixer bowl, beat the butter until creamy. beat in the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until blended. Beat in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze will fall from a spoon in a continuous ribbon.
Set the cake to be glazed on a rack, over a rimmed baking pan. Pour on the glaze. Refrigerate the cake until the glaze sets, but remove it from the refrigerator 30-45 minutes before you want to eat the cake.
 
Chocolate Glaze
14 oz sweetened condensed milk

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
1 tsp vanilla extract
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Cook, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Do not allow it to bubble. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Cool slightly before drizzling over a cake. If you want to make this ahead, it can be cooled and reheated in the microwave.


No comments:

Post a Comment