Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

No camping trips this year for Memorial weekend. Logan's mountains are are white! Super rainy weekend. We can't wait for summer to arrive.
We had a fabulous weekend though celebrating Zach's bday, spending time with family, and relaxing.
Friday we had a date night with Brooke and Brandon. We went bowling where we had some of our worst games ever. I only got 64. Wow. But it was still fun of course. We then went to McDonalds and got frozen lemonade slushies and oreo Mcfluries-yum. And finished the night with a movie at our apartment.

Saturday morning we got to sleep in and it was wonderful. Last week we hung two quilts over our little basement window in our bedroom to before a Sunday nap and haven' taken them down...it makes our room so dark! Because of that we were able to sleep in and it felt sooo good. I made Zach a bday breakfast of german pancakes and fruit. Then we started heading south for the day. We did a lot of shopping around for couches. Lot of good ideas of what we want now but still haven't made any commited decisions (we've still got several months before our home will be complete). We met my family in Salt Lake and ate at Bucca Di Beppo. I knew this place from Seattle and recently realized there was one in Salt Lake. It's a great italian restaraunt that has a fun atmosphere and delicious food. We were all loving this salad.


And as you can see there is basically nothing left of what we ordered..it was that good :)

After couch browsing/shopping, my mom and Zach and I went to a wedding reception in Highland. It was Jamie's brother Bryant who had gotten married and we arrived about when the weather decided to take a turn for the worse. It was a beautiful outside reception but the wind decided to pick up and then the rain. I felt so bad but luckily both families are so great and laid back and everyone was still so happy and celebrating. They are such a beautiful couple and family and I'm glad we got to at least see them while they were in town.

Monday (today) we have been out doing some more couch browsing at several different stores and other random things around town. We went and played at the Apple store with their i-pads, went to Pet Smart and looked at all the pets, drove around neighborhoods and looked at houses (i've learned this is something we like to do quite often together), and ate lunch at The Crepery...



We are thinking we might try a new restaraunt I've never been to tonight for dinner. Gotta live it up cuz Zach isn't working all day! I love holidays for that very reason. It's been fun to get to spend a weekday together.

Hope everyone is having a great 3-day break from work or school.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment