Zach and I have been on cloud 9. The first few days especially we just walked around in awe and with giant grins on our faces. We absolutely love every single thing about our home. We are so happy with our choices and know it is just perfect for us. We keep wondering when it will actually sink in that this is our very own house. It still feels like a weird dream or something. It has been so fun to make dinner in my new kitchen, use a dishwasher for the first time in our marriage, do laundry without having to leave our house for the first time, and just come home to something each night you know you've worked so hard to create. It feels good. Real good.
I have lots of pictures that I want to show and tell so here we go!
Probably our favorite thing is this kitchen. Love the contrast between the white cabinets and dark wood floor. We got Ikea cabinets and Zach planned and installed everything you see. (I would like to add in I assembled all the drawers and Willa and I made the box frames :) The drawers and cabinet doors are all soft close and it's so fun to open and shut them over and over and over....it's so cool! There are lots of fun hidden drawers/organization things inside too that we love. Another detail we love is the under lighting beneath the cabinets. The backsplash is just extra from our shower and it turned out to go perfect with the wall color and granite. (these pics were taken at night and during the day--hence the differences in colors)
This is the dining area where our little table fits perfectly. Yes it is full of tools in the pic...and the big brown things in the back are the railing that will one day get installed on the stairs. Haven't gotten around to it yet.
View of kitchen from living room (minus the box and love sac)
The living room. I love the white wall Zach did. And of course he is pretty stoked about the tv being on the wall. That is new to us :) Since we weren't going to invest in blinds yet, I've been on the look out for curtains the past few weeks. I ended up finding a steal of a deal and am really happy with them. We love the openness the tall ceiling brings to this area.
you walk up the stairs you can turn around and see the living room from above.
This is our bedroom. The wall looks like a grid and is sawweeet. Zach did good. I made the picture canvases to fit in the grid squares and love how it turned out. There is a pendant light on either side of the bed and are supposed to be used instead of having lamps. Forgot to take a pic of the windows/other side of the room but we have dark gray curtains up and a dresser over there so just use your imagination.
Our bathroom. We went with dark cabinets and lighter top that is kinda speckled. The floor is a linen/hatched looking brown tile. The tub is ridiculously big and deep (Zach 'needed' this). Zach tiled it all the way to the ceiling too which makes it feel even bigger in there. Under the tub, Zach build some shelving thing that is really creative I think! It's great to decorate with extra towells/etc. Our closet also goes off of the bathroom but I didn't take a pic of that.
The other two rooms still aren't completely organized so I haven't documented them yet. Here are some pics of the first few days of livin' the dream. First time doing laundry :) First snack. First cookies. Using the fridge. hahaha can you tell every little detail is pretty exciting right now?











love the place karli! It is so beautiful and has so many unique details. so happy for you! and i see that zach is celebrating novembeard haha. well, can't wait to see your home in person! love you.
ReplyDeletekarli, it's gorgeous! i'm so happy for you two. and well done to zach. holy moly he did some awesome handy work!
ReplyDeleteyou guys are adorable. congrats!
I love the house, Karli! I can't wait to come see it in person and see all your hard work! It looks gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!! I can just imagine how much fun you are having. It's absolutely beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI love your house. I am so excited for the 2 of you!
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE! So happy for you both! It looks A-MAZING!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for all the nice comments!
ReplyDelete