Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bridge of Love

For a long time I've had an interest in getting to serve children in other parts of the world. I love the thought of getting to make unique spiritual connections with children of different cultures, languages, and lives. It is such a special thing to feel love for children of God that you can't even verbally communicate with, but you know are in need of a lot of love and help.

The summer I got married, I was able to travel to Africa to fulfill that dream. During that time, I remember my mom and I talking about how cool it would be if we could one day do a family trip serving somewhere else in the world together. Well the past several months my mom has gotten more serious about it. She has connections with a family from an old ward we used to live in who has an organization in Romania helping abandoned children. We've known about their organization for quite some time and my mom has mentioned a lot how we should go with them one day. Every year they take a group to deliver necessities for them and put on a summer camp for these children who they are continuing to help be placed in foster homes.

Well the tickets are booked! It started as just a girls trip where my mom, sister, and I were going to go. But now my dad and Zach have decided to join in and we will all be going together in June. I am so excited! And feel blessed for the example of my mom who made this actually happen. It will be such an amazing thing to experience together as a family and I know we will make memories that we will never forget.

To learn more about Bridge of Love, visit their WEBSITE. I love the second video on their home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment