I was having one of those weekends where I just wanted to get out of the house. Even if we weren't doing anything exciting, just didn't want to be sitting around. Unfortunately Zach was wanting to have one of those weekends where you watch March Madness 24/7. Luckily I married a nice man and we ended up getting out of the house plenty :) Friday we caught up on one of our favorite shows, Once Upon A Time, then went out to eat at Jack's Pizza because Zach had never been there. The only time I've been there was when my sister in law, Holli, took me there for a birthday lunch and I also ran into one of my kindergarteners. Well this time as we walked in, Holli and Blake were there AND another one of my kindergarteners! Must be tradition. So our date night turned into a double date and we got to eat and chat with Holli and Blake. It was a fun surprise.
We then headed to our favorite spot out on the town---Walmart. HA! We actually do enjoy regularly planting ourselves in front of the $5 movie bin and going through every possible movie. This time we found 4 keepers! But I must admit I was starting to get embarrassed when we began getting stares from people looking at the massive mound we were creating and the barrier Zach built with DVD's on the side of the bin to keep them from falling... Side note-I ran into another one of my kindergarteners at Walmart as well. It's one of my favorite things seeing these kids outside of school :)
Saturday we enjoyed sleeping in and having our pretty typical Saturday breakfast or orange rolls. We then headed out to do some errands which we have gotten used to doing together on weekends now that we are a one car family. We hit up a free lunch at Sam's Club of samples. This is also a favorite Saturday activity of ours. And even though we go in with nothing we need to buy, of course we end up with a few things we just 'have' to have. I got sucked into to buying Xagave-a much healthier substitute to sugar. I'd been wanting to try cooking with it for awhile and since they had a sample of it out, I figured now was the time to try it out.
After Sam's Club we went to The Home and Garden Show to check out the fam's ExterPro booth. Adam said they turned out to have a lot of interested people to talk to, so hopefully that will be great for the business! We ran into the Majors there where we learned that they were going to Sam's club after that :) Great minds think alike. After looking at the booths we went to an overstock furniture store we learned about from the Home Show and yet again ran into the Majors a second time! We ended up joining them in going to Sam's Club for round two and helped Brandon's mom with some furniture she purchased. We decided the lettuce wraps and spring rolls looked amazing and bought them to have for dinner that night.
Before heading over to the Majors to make our feast, I got to spend yet even more time with another one of my kindergartners. His family is looking into building a home and asked us for any advice when it comes to contractors and builders. Zach loves LifeStyle Homes here in Logan and has a good relationship with the owner, so we ended up showing the family through 2 of their model homes. It was fun to interact with Carter outside of school and I got questions like, "Is that your husband?", "Well where are your kids?", "Are you going to get some?"
The evening spent at the Majors was great. We made dinner and pretended not to notice these silly heads the whole time.
We had paper airplane contests outside and I guess Zach was the winner by getting his caught in the tree.
We made no bake cookies for dessert and got to watch The Notebook. The boys were insisting on a man movie but us girls somehow won. Such nice husbands.
Sunday was full of laughs with our Sunbeams. The best was learning about General Conference this weekend and how we will get to watch church on TV next Sunday. After getting taught this concept, the kids were asked, 'So what will we watch next Sunday on TV?" and one of our proud sunbeam shouted, "TOM AND JERRY!" Yes, we will be watching Tom and Jerry...aren't you? After church we went to our monthly cousin dinner at Todd's house. It's great to see cousins at least once a month and catch up.
Well there was our weekend. I realize these pointless details of not very interesting events are meaningless to anyone reading. But writing our life down, exciting or not, is just something I love to read back on over time. I love my simple life with the man I love.
Gigs In Prague #13 October '26
22 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment