Zach and I have had an emotional weekend dealing with some heartbreaks. It's during times like these that I am pushed to my Savior and Heavenly Father even closer because I need them the most. I was so touched by the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday. Some of those words were meant for me personally and I know that. I was listening again to the talk by Sister Linda Reeves this afternoon and felt the spirit so strongly of how our Savior and Heavenly Father truly know us and all our emotions through this life. Literally just a few minutes after the talk ended, a woman from my ward that lives in our town homes came walking up to the door. We have talked a few times but that is all. We don't know each other very well and it's not a normal thing for her to be stopping by unannounced like that. I answered the door and she handed me a bag of treats she had made. I asked what it was for and she said she was making them at home and just thought of me so she came over to give me some. We visited for a bit and she left.
It was so simple. But so clearly from heaven. I shut the door and Zach and I just looked at each other with wet eyes. That act of kindness was far too random and perfectly timed to not be from God. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Spirit prompted her to bring that to me in our time of need. I cannot explain the feeling I have in my heart as I think about this. I know that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know me personally. I know that they are so precisely aware of our circumstance and aware of our hearts. I know that They worked through this amazing sister in my ward to let me know of Their love. I know this was a message from Them letting me know that I am not alone in this and that They are there for me. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who are close to the spirit to not only hear these promptings, but who actually take the time to act on them. I hope I can become more like that in my life. The gospel is so true. Happy Sunday.
Gigs In Prague #13 October '26
22 hours ago
Love you girl :)
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written! I hope everything is ok for you guys!
ReplyDelete