(Written in January)
The process of trying to conceive the second time around seemed a little different for me. Zach and I made an extra effort to make some changes in our life to make sure our marriage and spirituality were even stronger; wanting to feel worthy of the blessing we were asking for. Our prayers together became so much more sincere and faithful. I truly felt humbled and in tune with the Lord's will for us and was learning how to have the faith to trust it. Although it shouldn't have to be this way, I am still grateful that trials can turn you even closer to the Lord. That is what it has done for us.
We were so excited and anxious to finally get to start trying again in January. It was hard the entire month knowing where to let my thoughts lead. I wanted to spend every moment daydreaming about being pregnant again, yet I also wanted to guard my heart in case it took longer than we'd hoped. I found myself wanting it more than ever. More than last summer. I knew what it was like to be pregnant now and I wanted it. The past several months of physically healing, made my heart yearn for a baby of my own so deeply.
My family knew about the timing of everything, and they were going to be staying at our house for the weekend. It worked out where it was perfectly in time for us to take a successful pregnancy test the day they were to come. I wanted to know either way so we could tell them in person. So Saturday, January 26th, I took the test right when I woke up and after quickly getting ready for the day, Zach and I got ready to look at the results together. I didn't film it this time, but I wish I would have. We didn't drag it out and just flipped it over to get it over with. A beautiful "Pregnant" was on the little screen!!! I immediately burst into tears. Such a different reaction than before. My heart was so full (and still is) it is hard to even describe. Zach and I were grinning ear to ear, holding each other, crying, laughing, kisses, the whole shebang. It's a memory I'll hold in my heart forever.
We immediately knelt and thanked our Heavenly Father together for trusting us with the blessing we wanted so badly. We felt so grateful and humbled to be blessed with a pregnancy without anymore delays. It felt perfect in that moment.
We went out for a celebratory lunch at Fredrico's and went looking at baby clothes. I love how we both just ooh and ahh over the simplest little things. It is so fun to imagine our little one here in such precious little outfits. We are so excited to be parents!
Gigs In Prague #13 October '26
22 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment