35 Weeks
- For some reason we never even imagined we'd make it to September with these babies. But here we are, at 35 weeks!! It seriously is a miracle and huge blessing that the boys have done so well and are going to be so healthy.
- Swelling has picked up but still really isn't that bad. I had to take my wedding ring off though which feels weird.
- PUPPP's is killing me. Who knows why my body wants to add a fire itching rash all over my stretched stomach, to the already uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms! Sounds a bit overboard if you ask me. The prescription compound cream that my doctor gave me relieves it for a minute but nothing we try seems to really be working. It makes me cry at least once a day from fighting the urge to itch. Once I deliver the babies, it should go away within 1 to 2 weeks.
- I am obsessed with finding 'labor signs' and will google anything my body does to see if it is a sign that they are coming soon. I've been getting more nauseous again and have thrown up, which the internet tells me could be a sign. Yay! But other than that, things are looking pretty normal around here.
- I'm convinced I will be getting more sleep when the babies are here (call me naive). Right now I see every hour of the clock through the night and often every half hour. I'm happy I get to be home during the day to accommodate the no sleep with lots of naps.
- At my doctors appointment today she found no new progress. I'm still about 75% effaced and only dilated to a 1+. She followed that with "I'm sorry but I don't see anything happening soon." This was extremely disappointing and with my pregnant hormones, it took all I had in me to not burst into tears. This last stretch is just so hard because it is the expectation with twins to go into labor early. And with my body/frame, I've been told over and over how there is no way I'd go full term. Each appointment I get my hopes up that I'll hear the news that it should be very soon, but my body and the boys keep doing so much better than expected and that is just not the case. Of course I am so grateful that I am going to have such healthy twins, I'm just so ready to have them now! Our induction day is September 16, but we are still praying we will have them before then.
- Dr. B also wants me to really think about what I want to do with the kind of birth. Baby B has now switched to the presenting position for good, so is now officially called Baby A. He is in a great head down and low position. Baby B is kind of transverse, and from what we can tell his head is a little lower than the rest of his body. So I have to choose if I go for the vaginal delivery and just hope Baby B will come all the way head down after A is out (or the Dr. is able to deliver him feet first which she can try to do). Or just start with a c-section to eliminate the possibility of having a vaginal birth for A then a c-section for B. It is such a hard decision and I hope I just do what is going to be best for all of us.
- Zach and I took a drive up Blacksmith Fork Canyon yesterday. We thought maybe the bumpy roads would help push things along, but my uterus decided it didn't care to be tossed around.

So I have the itchiness every time. It's UNBEARABLE. I am so sorry! It goes away so fast, I promise. I don't remember itching at all after the babies came out.
ReplyDeleteAnd I know you'll have two babies, but I truly do hate sleeping the last weeks of pregnancy. And I truly do believe I get more sleep after the baby comes out. Maybe because you're so delirious in baby land. Maybe because you'll establish a routine fairly quickly, so you do get at least a few hours at a time? I any case, sleeping when being huge pregnant is horrid.
You're doing awesome. And you look beautiful!
Hang in there. You'll have those babies in your arms before you know it! Sending prayers and good wishes your way! :)
You are so cute and we miss you so much at TECS!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you Karli! You can do it! I've been so impressed with you.
ReplyDelete