But since these stinkers insist on being swaddled to sleep well, I have been so worried about this. I didn't want them to be stuck on their belly because of the swaddle. A few nights this week I'd be constantly checking the baby monitor camera and going into their room to make sure they were breathing! Getting no sleep and thinking of all the worst case scenarios. Now I can't live like that. I need my sleep to function at work. So we decided we just need to cold turkey this swaddle business. We've been having them get used to sleeping with one arm out during naps for a few weeks now. But last night we decided to put them to bed for the night with no swaddle at all. I was dreading it...but they did awesome! Eli fell asleep right away. Jack immediately rolled to his tummy and began talking nonstop and playing by himself. But after about 20 minutes he was out like a light. They woke up one or two times in the night but were able to get themselves back to sleep with no help from us. I was so proud of them! We woke up to this:
Jack
Eli
Now that there isn't a blanket in there, I feel much more comfortable about them rolling around at night. Hope they continue to be ok with it!



makhi still likes to be swaddled!! LOVE those pj's ;) ~Jamie
ReplyDeleteWe swaddled Jacob until just a couple of months ago too! He loved it! Your boys are too cute!
ReplyDelete