Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The little things

I swear I come home every day from work and my little babies are a whole year older. It just breaks my heart sometimes. These little faces are in my heart and mind every second I'm away. They are changing so fast it's insane and I feel like time just keeps speeding up!
Eli
 Jack
The past week they have officially become sitters! It's been so fun to watch their progress each day with this. Evolving from completely hunched over and wobbly, to more straight up and balancing with their arms. Jack was more stable first, but now Eli is just as stable. It's my favorite sight seeing them sit next to each other and grabbing at their toes/feet. 
 Their hands are in the exact same positions in the next two. I love when this randomly happens!
In the past week Eli has also gotten so good at getting all the way on his knees! When he did it the first time, we were so excited! He will rock his bum and legs back and forth on all fours and it is so stinking cute! He sees a toy he wants, gets up, grunts like crazy, but unfortunately can only scoot backwards. It's hilarious to us to see him grunting and trying so hard to go toward the toy, but only get further and further away. 

Once he started here. 
and ended up here
He always ends up under things from scooting backwards. 
Jack is always holding his toes and feet and it is seriously my favorite thing. He started scooting forward this week too. He slides on his face while pulling with his arms and pushing with his legs. Funny boy. He doesn't quite get up on all fours yet.
Reading books together.
So happy I got Eli's scrunchy nose smile on camera. I've been trying to get it for a while now. 
 They've been so hyper right before going to bed this week. After their bottles, they have been so giggly! We've gotten some great belly laughs from Jack especially. Nothing better than laughing as a family until your face hurts. So blessed.
 I love seeing their smiles looking up at me right when I walk in the door. It's so fun knowing that they really know me and love me and want me! Nothing makes me happier than being their mom.
 It was so nice out today! As soon as I got home I grabbed the boys, put them in their stroller, and went on a walk. Still in their pj's, no socks needed. Loving this sun!

2 comments:

  1. I love their little chubby faces! Totally reminds me of Jacob at that age! Mark and I were just talking about this the other night that once they started sitting up that is the "sweet spot!" Then they can keep themselves entertained with toys but they can't go anywhere!!! But it sounds like your boys are already mobile! Good luck chika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get enough of those SMILES! They look so cute sitting up together. Miss them tons! Loving those pj's on them :) -jamie

    ReplyDelete