Friday, June 6, 2014

Everywhere!

Ever since having twins, I constantly hear "Oh just wait until they are mobile and all over the place!" I've pictured this day many times before. Imagining all the mischief these two boys were going to get into around the house. I feel like the "easy" times with them are over where you could just lay them on the ground with a toy and walk away. These two have been officially everywhere and getting into everything the past week or two and I just love watching them play and learn together.
When they get fussy and nothing will distract them, they often are totally content to be left in a crib together to play. They can entertain each other for a good half hour before calling for us. I love it that the have each other. 

Eli is mastered in crawling now. He can crawl really fast (with his heavy breaths), maneuver his body through tight spots, go up and over obstacles, sit himself up again, and the newest trick-pull himself up to standing. It's been crazy to see how fast he's developed these skills the past few weeks. 
I can't help but think that Jack is learning from him as he watches, or at least feeling the motivation to get on the same level with his brother. Jack is always a step or two behind him as they roam, but they usually like to travel around the house together and follow each other. It can get frustrating for Jack when he gets into a spot he can't quite get out of yet, or when he wants to catch up to where Eli is but isn't quite fast enough yet. He'll get there within a week or two I'm sure. Jack's comfort zone right now is to go 3 crawls, then back down to his belly to scoot. He's so close to being able to sit himself back up, but for now he loves to chill on his side when he's down going somewhere.
Because Eli is more confident moving around, he must think he's the boss. He has turned into a little bully with Jack. Always climbing on top of him-his face, his eyes, his full belly of milk, etc. Most of the time Jack just takes it like a man without complaint. It will be funny when he finally fights back and the real wrestling begins :)
Loving every stage as they grow up! They are so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying over the one of Eli smiling on the stairs! What am I saying though...because I'm really dying over all of them!! Love these sweet boys. Jamie

    ReplyDelete