Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

It was a happy Father's Day in our family! We celebrated my dad on Saturday in Farmington. We had a flank steak dinner and just spent time at home playing with the babies. My dad is such a fun grandpa. These boys are in for a treat when they get a little older and realize all the silliness they are in store for with Grandpa Quinn. I love watching him play with them. (Jack in dark green/Eli in light green)
 My dad used to balance me on one hand like this. They boys like it, but I cringe watching it. 
We got to celebrate with Zach's dad on Sunday. We had treats, played games, and played outside. Bob is also such a great father and grandpa for our boys. We are so blessed. 
And of course we celebrated the best daddy around-Zach! 
I am constantly amazed at how comfortable he is being a dad to twins. I couldn't do this without him and we are so blessed to have him be ours. He is so fun with Jack and Eli and is involved in every aspect of raising them. We went to Bob and Willa's sacrament meeting to hear them speak, then we brought them home to take their naps. Eli wasn't wanting to go to sleep in his crib for some reason. I put myself down for a short nap, so Zach got Eli out of his crib and when I came downstairs he was sleeping all cuddled up on Zach. Our boys never sleep on us! So this was a huge deal and such a sweet gift to Zach for Father's Day. He's always trying to get them to cuddle on him and he got it without any resistance. It melted my heart seeing it. 
I made him stuffed shells for dinner then we played at the Johnsons. 
At home we did our usual bedtime routine. I love this time we spend together in the boys' room as we  listen to music together. They were loving dancing and singing with daddy and it was a perfect ending to our day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment