Monday, May 25, 2015

Kindergarten Graduation

My fourth year of being a kindergarten teacher has come to a close. This was by far my hardest year. I had a really challenging group of kids who tested me daily in ways I haven't been tested before as a teacher. I learned a lot! Although it was a tough year for me, I still love my students so much and the last day of school always brings back all the good memories we had together. It is so rewarding seeing all that they have accomplished by the end of the year and we have a great Graduation program to celebrate. Heather and I combine our classes in the gym and do a rainbow program. It always turns out so cute! The kids are adorable and so proud to be the center of attention. They get to wear little graduation hats, leis, walk across the stage with an official diploma, and have treats.
I am so blessed to have Stacy in my life! She is the most amazing aide and I hate that next year will be our last year together. After next year she will be moving on to another grade for a change after almost 10 years in kindergarten.
 Heather and I have worked 4 years now side by side as the kindergarten teachers at TECS. We work so well together and have become such great friends. I love her so much. We are so excited to be mommies together this summer and have weekly play dates with our boys!
After getting home, I took the boys to the park to celebrate. We are so excited to enjoy the summer together!

1 comment: