He's had his eye on getting a GoPro ever since he started flying and saw how his classmates could record their flights. I told him no way because they are just too expensive. But with some gift cards/Best Buy points, and having other family members go in on it to help, I was able to make it work and surprise him with what he really wanted! I've never seen him so sincerely happy and grateful for a gift before. I loved how much he loved and appreciated getting it!
I decorated with a golden candy sign, streamers, and balloons and we had french toast and eggs on golden plates for breakfast. Then I gave him his first golden clue to where he could find his gift. He doesn't like things like that so it was pretty hilarious seeing his face when he learned he'd have to search for his present! I couldn't stop laughing and he kept trying to convince me to just tell him where it was. He looked for a while then I gave him his second golden clue to make it a little easier. He was able to find it after that and didn't even need his 3rd clue :) It was well worth the effort to find it!
After he got back from classes at the university, we had lots of errands and packing to do to get ready for the next day's trip to the cabin. So we couldn't really do any exciting activity for the day but we really do enjoy doing our errands as a family of four and always have a good time.
Jack chilling with his sample toothpick at Sams Club. Zach (and his mom) does this too and it made us giggle.
We picked up a movie from Hastings and a giant meal from Olive Garden to enjoy at home for the night. After dinner we headed to the park and tried out the GoPro with the boys and had a blast in the gorgeous evening sun before putting the boys to bed.
Eli getting chased and loving every second of it.
At the end of the day we ate our Olive Garden desserts while snuggled up watching a movie. He told me it was his best birthday yet. (But he also told me he can't remember any of his other birthdays haha) I'm so happy we got to spend all day together as a family and share our love that we have for him! He is such a an incredible dad and husband.
(This photo was a few days before Zach's birthday. When we were all coming in from doing an errand, the boys started bawling for 'dada' and both wanted to lay on and cuddle him before anything else happened. Their tantrum got them their way and this was the end result. They sure love their dad.)






No comments:
Post a Comment