Monday, October 5, 2015

General Conference Weekend

What a perfect Fall/Conference weekend we had! It's a weekend I looked forward to for a long time and the weather was especially Fall-ish to add the the magic of it all. General Conference was wonderful for me and it was so nice to enjoy it in the comfort of my own home this time around. I felt the spirit so strongly and felt my spirit and soul be filled with exactly what it was longing for.

Friday after work we played at the playground until Zach got home. They have gotten so good at climbing the ladder all by themselves, even though I still stay right behind them just in case. I love how they've learned that they have to take turns with the ladder and slide so that I can manage them both safely when I am alone. They would squeal at the top of their lungs peeking at each other from above/under the playground. It's so rewarding to see them have fun together. They even took turns pushing each other on the swings.
Then we visited a local pumpkin patch. We were the only ones there and the boys loved playing with the little pumpkins.
Saturday, Zach had to be gone all day for school/flights/tests but the three of us had a great day. We visited our neighbor cows before conference started. Then we did tons of cleaning and listening to conference and lounging.
While Zach went to the priesthood session, I thought it'd be fun to take the boys to 2nd dam and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather and leaves. When we got there we started to hear thunder, but when I'd look up at the clouds it seemed they were going the opposite direction. I thought we'd be fine. About 15 minutes into our adventure, it started pouring! I mean a down pour! It was quite hilarious because I didn't even bring a coat! The boys at least had hoodies. We were on the opposite side from where the car was and we trekked back through the rain as fast as we could. When we got to the big flight of stairs I had to pick up both of them and I attempted to safely run 60+ pounds of toddler back to the car. By the time we made it and I got them both into their carseats by myself, I was SOAKED!  My face, hair, and clothes were dripping. It was such a fun, adventurous, care free moment that I will always remember. I can still hear Eli's little giggle as I was barely hanging onto him in my arms. And hearing him say "oh no...oh no". They were talking about it the rest of the night..."wet!"..."raining!"..."get you!"
We drove out of the storm in the canyon and went to The Crepery for a treat for a change of plans. By the time we got there, the storm had caught up to us and we once again enjoyed getting soaked trying to all get out of the car. Jack and Eli were hilarious! Immediately getting hyped up knowing they were going to get a treat. Jack seriously shouted "YUMMY" every 3 seconds. At the counter at the workers while they made it, jumping on the couch impatiently, while we ate it together, and when it was all gone he got right out his chair and asked for "more yummy?!?". He did not understand when I told him we weren't buying more and we just had to leave :) But that didn't stop him from continuing to ask for "yummy" every 3 seconds as we drove home and got ready for bed. That boy is just like his mamma. WE LOVE FOOD!

Sunday we had Bob and Willa over for dinner (well lunch) between sessions and they got to stay with us the rest of the day. Jack and Eli love their Nana and Papa and they were spoiled with love and attention all day. We went on a walk and came back to another rainstorm to go out and play in. Eli was in heaven remembering how it should be done this time. He got soaked and was so happy! He cried when I made him come in when it was over. Jack loved watching it out on the porch step and would walk into it then scuttle right back to the step over and over. It ended with an awesome rainbow.
It was one of those weekends that made me wish every day could be a weekend. It was so hard to wake up to Monday and get back to work. But then I guess I wouldn't appreciate them as much if this wasn't my life right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment