Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween

It's pressure figuring out the perfect costume for TWINS! Last year was the best and I didn't know how I could top it. I didn't like any of the other duo ideas I could think of, so I tried to come up with something they like. They are obsessed with airplanes because of Zach so I decided to make them little aviators! I found the cutest hats online for dirt cheap, a leather jacket at DI, sewed fabric onto a shirt to look like a scarf, and made planes out of spray painted diaper boxes. So cheap and they LOVED it more than I could have hoped for. They loved pretending to fly around and be "daddy".
Test flight before Halloween came.
Zach was flying all morning so the boys and I had a pumpkin pancake and chocolate chip breakfast together. 
Then we spent the rest of the morning at the playground and chalking up our sidewalk. They love to "fly" on the swings.
 My mom and dad and Emily came over for a Halloween dinner. We had mummy french bread pizza, Olive Garden salad, candy corn jello, pumpkin oranges, and green kool-aid with dry ice in it to make it spooky.
Most of our neighbors were gone so trick or treating was mostly just flying around. But they had a blast and did so good managing their plane and pumpkin all by themselves. They would say "treat" and "thank you" in the sweetest voices. It was so fun seeing them get the hang of it!
 Jack
 Eli
Then we made a quick visit to Grandma and Grandpa Christensen then off to Bob and Willa's. We did some trick or treating around their culdesac then played at their house. The boys were more WIRED than I had every seen them! Oh my goodness. Letting them have sugar all day is something they aren't used to and they were hilarious!! Racing, wrestling, and going wild! It was my favorite Halloween of all time. I'm so happy to be a mom and create memories together like this day. 






1 comment: