Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sharing is caring

I've been wanting to write down little sweet moments throughout the days that I always want to remember. Jack and Eli actually becoming considerate brothers and friends. It melts my heart and it's becoming more frequent. They are really learning how to work out their own problems and it's awesome to see!
They now will often have one person play with something and the other just sits and watches for a while. Then I'll hear one say "please?", "turn?", or "switch?" and they really will take turns! Obviously sometimes it might take some coaxing from me after that point but I'm not needed all the time now to negotiate the trade offs. 
One of their favorite team effort activities lately is playing with these oversized Jenga pieces we got at a family reunion this summer. Nana taught them how to make bridges with them and they line them up then hold each others hands as they walk across. Then they always make "temples" with them. They built this temple and said "picture!" and posed like this while I took it.
One time Eli was done with his yogurt (his favorite food!) and Jack still had some. So Eli climbed up on the table and asked "yummy?". Jack was in a nice mood and fed his brother the rest of his beloved yogurt between his own bites. Eli was thrilled and it made him so happy.
Little Eli has become the master of politeness. If Jack or us does anything for him he is the first to say "thank you!" with no prompt at all from me. When any of us sneeze, he is the first to say "bless you!". If Jack is sad (especially after we leave him in their room to go to sleep) I can hear Eli saying "K? K? Happy! Happy!". It's so so sweet. While shopping at the store Eli got to sit in the front seat of the cart while Jack was in the bottom big part. Eli kept asking Jack to "sit down" when he would stand up and he'd rub the top of his head saying "buddy! cute!"
In the tub they love to wash bubbles on each other's heads and dump cups of water onto each other to rinse off. Lately they've also started crazy slip n' slide wrestling type play in the tub. It's super not safe but sometimes it's just too funny to make them stop.
When I dress the boys in nice clothes they turn on their broken record "church!...church!...church!..." This is always followed by "Song. Arms (and they fold them). Nice. Share. Shhh." I love that they've got the essentials of what we do at church :) By the way we recently got switch into a new stake, different ward boundaries, and different church building. We just got new callings as youth Sunday school teachers. So good bye nursery! We hope the boys will adjust well without us.

Watching them color and share crayons this weekend and "talk" just filled my heart with such gratitude. They are growing up into the cutest little human beings I could have ever imagined. I love them so much.
And I have to document Eli's signature frown. He's mastered it. 
 Then the face of an angel Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment