I've loved this song called "I Get to Love You" by Ruelle for a while now. I first loved it because it made me feel all mushy inside about Zach. Then I had it on my playlist while delivering Joelle and I heard it in a whole new light thinking about my children. I had the idea to make a little video of me and the kids and edit it to this song. I have plenty of alone time at night to fill while Zach is away for work and it was the perfect distraction. It's not professional. I don't even own a tripod so it's propped on random things. The lighting isn't always great. I often have greasy hair and am in old pj's with holes. But I wanted to capture moments I love with my kids. Things we do often together. And moments that give me all the feels. I have so many different reasons I love this video and of what the message of this song means to me and I want to try to get it down in writing.
"One look at you, my whole world falls in line."
This line makes me think of Jojo. Having a daughter fills a part of my soul I never knew was empty. Having Joelle in my life really does make me feel complete in a way. I have my girl. My little mini me. I often imagine her growing up and how I hope she will become a strong daughter of God.
"I prayed for you before I called you mine."
This line makes me think of my boys. They came to me after a miscarriage. A time when all my prayers were about wanting to have a child in God's timing. Then my prayer was answered in more of a miracle than I could have hoped for.
"Oh I can't believe it's true, sometimes."
I look at my life. My three children. Three. And I still often can't believe it's my reality. Nothing makes me feel more blessed and humbled than seeing them together and knowing that they are mine forever.
"I get to love you. It's the best thing that I'll ever do."
I've had to juggle motherhood with my career and that's all my kids have known. But I want them to always understand that being their mom is the best thing that I'll ever do. It's my number one role. It fulfills me more than any other role I play. And in just a few months it's what I get to do full time. I get to love you! It will be my full time job to be there for my kids and I can't imagine that without getting emotional.
Also "getting" to love you, to me means all the hard stuff like sleepless nights, constant messes, frustrating mood swings and tantrums, piles of laundry, etc. is actually a privilege. You are here, alive and healthy, and I get to serve and take care of your growing bodies and spirits. One night recently I was feeling frustrated as Joelle kept waking up in the night. I finally decided to just feed her and as I was holding her I said a prayer of gratitude that I got to have her here on earth and I got the privilege to be woken up by her and take care of her as her mom. I know of too many moms who have angel babies, and I want to always remember that the tiring and often mundane acts of motherhood are such a blessing to get to live each day.
"I get to love you. It's a promise I'm making to you."
I want them to know that whatever choices they make in their lives, my love is a forever promise. I can't imagine a day when my love for my children will fade. I want them to know I will always be their number one advocate and supporter. No matter what heartaches the world is going to bring to them, I will always be there choosing to love them.
"The way you love. It changes who I am"
I am not a perfect, all patient, mother. Who is? I get frustrated too easily and at times lose my temper with my kids. The way they so easily and quickly forgive me has brought me to tears on a number of occasions. Children just love. They give you chance after chance after chance.
Click the link below to watch!
I Get To Love You
Gigs In Prague #13 October '26
22 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment