Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Sewing Project

In the extra free time I've had since graduating, I decided to work on my first real sewing project. I know this may seem very easy to some of you, but to me this was a scary thing because I am a definate beginnerrrr!! I've been really wanting to make some fun pillows with color and I finally got the courage to try. So the past few weeks I've been taking my sweet time in making 3 pillows and I'm really happy with how they turned out! I wanted to use greens, blues, and oranges and I found some super cute fabrics at a local fabric store in Logan. Here are the pillows together.

 The backs of the square pillows are just light grays so no need to show. But the back of the rectangle pillow is a fun surprise!


To accesorize the pillows and make them a little more unique, I added buttons, ribbon, and 2 different kinds of fabric flowers. I learned that if you just search online there is basically a tutorial on how to make anything! It's been fun and I'm excited to start branching out to other projects...slowly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment