Last Christmas Zach's parents got us tickets to attend one of Matt Townsend's Date Nights. We finally got around to using it on Friday. It was such a great class! He is such a great speaker and also very funny. We learned lots of things to think about concerning communication in relationships and understanding yours and others emotions. At the end of the class he had every couple stand and look into each others eyes for 5 whole minutes with no talking. Now that's a long time! I was supposed to think about what it is like to be Zach, married to me (and the other way around for him). It was slightly an awkward/weird thing to do, but also very eye opening in getting to put myself in Zach shoes and think about what kind of a partner I am to him. And also to think about what an amazing person I married and how much I appreciate him. I sure love this man and all he is for me as a husband. Matt Townsend challenged every couple to have 30 minutes of 'cuddle time' each day to emotionally connect and Zach has been very happy to take this challenge very seriously :)

We slept at my parents house since the class was in Layton. We helped rake the leaves in their backyard in the beautiful fall weather.
We ate at Cheescake Factory. So delish as always.
No comments:
Post a Comment