Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving


We had Thanksgiving with the Johnson fam this year at Holli's. Zach's dad has a hobby of building and flying planes. Zach was given one recently and it's been fun for him to get it all ready to fly as well with his dad. Before dinner, the boys all brought their planes to fly and also to teach Hunter. Bob gave him one of his old ones as a surprise.

Zach has been so excited to finally get to try out his plane. From learning about this hobby though, I've found out that it's pretty easy to crash them and then you just have to spend more money to fix it. Willa says they build them, crash them, and fix them and it's a never ending cycle. But Zach was of course super confident that he wouldn't crash his plane because he is just so awesome at everything ;) 

Bob went first and it went great. He was making it do flips and all sorts of things. And he helped Hunter fly his plane as well.
 When it was Zach's turn I wanted to film it in action because I was pretty certain he was gonna crash it. And this is how it played out...

I guess where he put the motor was really offsetting his ability to control the plane. The wings were completely busted after the crash. Luckily the motor is still okay though! Poor Zachy boy :(

Our meal was fabulous with the cutest place settings.
Blake deep fried the turkey in a huge pot outside. It was sooo yummy!

Before we starting eating, we went around the table to say what we were grateful for. Cute Porter (who I get to have in my kindergarten class this year!) said "I'm grateful for my family and the opportunity we have to all be together." It had us all cracking up how grown up his language was. Love that little 5 year old!! I got to sit by Andrew and he loved cracking all the nuts on the table with the nut cracker. His plate was full of shells.

Holding Miss Perfect Grace.

All the grandkids stood up on their chair to share a poem or story after we ate. So cute. I'm so thankful for such perfect nieces and nephews. It is so fun to be their aunt.



Maelee loved eating her chocolate turkey!

The kids made turkeys for a craft, we made thanksgiving wreaths as individual families, and we had a Hot Wheels tournament. Also a great time with the Johnsons!

After stuffing ourselves a second time with all the pie, we got out the Black Friday adds and started making our lists and game plan. It was my first time participating in the craziness but it was tons of fun and so good to spend time with my awesome mom/sisters in law. I feel so lucky to have such awesome people to have fun with and have friendships with.

We went to Walmart first which opened at 8. They ain't kidding when you hear about how crazy people get! It's so insane. And the lines are so long!! But it was super entertaining and I really enjoyed the whole thing. We hit up several other stores after Walmart and got a good chunk of our lists done by midnight-not bad at all! We all went home and slept a bit then started the madness again by 7 the next morning. We shopped until 4:30 today and I think I'm done for a good while now!  We also ate lunch at Noodles & Company to refuel and had a blast chatting away. What a fun couple of days!  I honestly can't believe it's already Saturday tomorrow and our break is almost over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment