We got to go on a date together on Saturday while my parents watched the boys. We went to dinner at Cafe Sabor, browsed around at Best Buy to use a gift card we had, went to a movie (The Edge of Tomorrow), and found a spot to look at the stars. I love feeling all giddy again when I get to go out with Zach. It was such a great night together.
The day of our actual anniversary (Aug. 18) wasn't all that great. I had work in the morning/early afternoon and Zach went to work on the house as soon as I got home. We only got to see each other in passing of the boys, then not until about 10:00pm when Zach got home from working. I left a love letter for him on his pillow that morning and he was so sweet and brought home flowers, a huge bag of kit kats/reeses and a gift card. I felt super sick (we've had icky colds passing through our family lately) and went right up to bed after chatting for a bit in the kitchen. It was my first day of school the next morning and feeling sick just added to the anxiety/stress of starting school. I fell asleep before Zach even got upstairs, but I woke up to him rubbing peppermint oil on my owey ears and then putting warmed up rice bags on them. It felt so good and took away the pain. It was marriage at it's finest. "In sickness and health". And although it was kind of a bummer day, I went to sleep that night feeling so loved by the man I married five years ago. I love having Zach to take care of me for always and that I get to do the same for him. Excited to see what the next five years will bring for us!
Five years of anniversaries in one picture. It took a million tries and there is still a glare on the picture frame, but it will have to do!
Happy Anniversary! I LOVE your anniversary picture that you do every year!!!
ReplyDeleteLove! I'm so happy for you guys and your cute life! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete