Sunday, August 24, 2014

Back to School

We've officially gotten through the first week of school! It's been a pretty rough week. We are all still passing around different versions of the same cold around here and none of us are feeling ourselves lately. The boys prescription has finally cleared up their goopy eyes, but now they are getting through the cough part. I hate hearing them coughing at night while they're trying to sleep. After my first day of teaching, I completely lost my voice. My cold, mixed with straining my voice all day did the trick I guess. It was really difficult trying to train and teach my little kindergarteners their first week when they could barely hear me! My throat killed to talk and my head pounded at every move. Ugh not a fun week. My afternoon bunch of students is already shaping up to be awesome and very well behaved. My morning bunch is going to take some extra attention to get them where I need them, and I just hope this next week I'll feel healthier so I can be a better teacher for them! Zach now has been hit with what the rest of us have (along with a hurt back he's been trying to heal). He has been with the boys during the day and also trying to get as much done on the house as he can once I get home. It's been a battle trying to compromise our time for each other as I'm wanting/needing to stay later at school to get all the little tasks done that come at the beginning of a school year, while he is really needing to be at the house so we can get this project done! He starts his next semester of school tomorrow and his time will be even more limited. Lots going on around here and sometime that's just how life is. I've never been ready to welcome the weekend more!

I got to go out on a sister date with Emily to the movie "If I Stay" while my brother Jacob and Emily's BFF/roommate Caroline babysat for us (Zach was working on the house). We both loved it! The rest of the weekend was pretty rainy and the boys and I spent our time inside. Catching up on house work and snuggling. I sure love these boys and love that I get to be a mom. No matter how hard the rest of life gets sometimes, getting to see two big smiles/hear two contagious giggles/getting two sets of hugs and kisses sure puts everything into perspective. Such a blessing to have them in our family.
 First time walking in to get the boys and seeing them standing not on the side. Jack looked so cute and big!
Eli being a bully. He often is pulling on Jack/stealing his things/making him cry.
A storm ruined our idea of taking a little walk, so we just watched the rain from the garage. 
Loves from Eli. 
 Never Ending loves from Jack. These are all separate kisses. It was cracking me up so I just held the camera there and snapped away. I think it's safe to say he likes me. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting through the first week! I don't start till the 2nd of September so it's crazy for me to think you've already finished a week. I hope you all get feeling better fast! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete