I love feeling more caught up with housework and having the time to actually do it! I had a blast taking care of the boys all day again at home. I had some fun with their hair, took them to the park, played with toys, and 'relaxed'.
loading up the bench with wood chips
Typical pose for Jack when he is watching some TV. Hands back and gasping with those puckered lips and anything exciting.
On Thursday we took Jack to the eye doctor to see if he has a lazy eye (recommended by our doctor). It turns out he is fine for now. Phew! But we will see him in a few months to see if anything has changed. We were nervous for him because the boys do not do well with things they aren't comfortable with. The doctor was amazing with him though, used finger puppets, silly voices, and Jack really liked him. He only got nervous at the beginning then really warmed up and was so cooperative. He even reached out his arms to have the doctor hold him at the end! Getting his eyes dilated by the doctor's helper was not so fun though. He didn't even want to look in that guy's direction after that...We spent the night catching up on our TV shows and had a sleepover in our family room. Loved morning cuddles together as a family the next day.Friday we headed to Farmington to play with my family. On the way there, we got a call from our Realtor that an offer was put in on the house!!!! We countered and it was accepted and the house is now officially under contract with a deserving family. We are feeling so blessed at how smooth this all went and so excited about the blessing this will be financially for our little family. When we got to Farmington, we went to a pumpkin patch and enjoyed the fun Fall traditions there. The boys loved touching and hitting the pumpkins.
Jack loved climbing up on our packed bags before we loaded the car.
Jack at the pumpkin patch
Eli at the pumpkin patch
The sun was too bright for pictures!
Trying out the tractor with Jake and Emily
She's buff. That's over 50 pounds right there.
Then Zach and I wanted to try out a Thai Orchid for dinner to celebrate the great news. It was by far our favorite Thai food and we were just 'mmmm-ing' our way through dinner. It was clear in Holladay but SO worth the drive. It was such a fun night together both in such great moods celebrating and talking about selling the house.Friday night while Zach watched the RSL game, I went to the store with my mom to work on the boys' halloween costume. I am going to make them Mario and Luigi and wanted to try to make the hats out of felt. They turned out so cute!!! I'm so excited to get them all dressed up. I'm even more excited that with EVERYTHING for the two costumes, I only had to spend a total of $8.00. That totally beats buying two costumes at the store that could have totaled up to $50. I had extra fabric and Zach insisted we make them red and green shirts too. We a lll made fun of him and said there was no way we could do that (we aren't that talented at sewing). But he was determined and totally figured out how to. He cut all the parts and told me wear to sew. It turned out pretty awesome!
Saturday we went to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. It was super packed! Almost every animal was asleep or hiding, but we still enjoyed being outside and showing the boys the few animals they could see. Their favorite was definitely the seals because they were actually swimming around and they could stand right by the glass and look closely.
We all headed back to Thai Orchid for lunch so my family could check it out, but it ended up being closed so we ate back in Bountiful at Bistro on Main. It worked out good because then the boys were able to have some sort of a nap on the longer drive in the car.The boys were being so fun to play with that night. Loving 'new' toys they've never seen, discovering how to sit on a banana chair, and learning how to yell at the TV while watching sports. After the sad USU game we headed back home late. We got to go to Stake Conference at the Logan Tabernacle today where Elder Russel M. Nielson attended and spoke! The boys were awful since it was during their morning nap, but Zach and I were a great team and at least one of us got to at least hear parts of some of the talks between fighting the boys to sleep outside and in the car.
























I absolutely love that picture of Jack watching TV!! So cute! I'm glad you had an awesome break!
ReplyDelete