Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sickos

We've been so lucky that the boys haven't ever gotten sick before now. The past few weeks they've been sick and it's been rough! I've learned there is nothing more heartbreaking than seeing your children suffer with little you can do about it. It's so so sad. They started with just some coughs building up that ended up turning into more wheezing and struggling to breathe. It was get especially bad at night and we'd have to do some runs outside in the cold air to help them. And then on and off fevers along the way, constant runny noses, and full blown crankiness. I honestly think having twins hasn't been hard...until they got sick. They don't like to share who they are cuddling with and this makes it so difficult to comfort each of them individually when they needed that 100% attention. If you're by yourself taking care of them it gets really tricky. One night all three of us were in tears trying to figure out how to cope until Zach got home from a flight! They also easily set the other one off with the wrong look, an accidental shove, touching their blanket, etc and then the waterworks are flowing! I'm so grateful for my awesome family who are such great babysitters for us when all I wanted to do was be home with my sick babies.

They still aren't 100% better but they had a decent day today so I'm crossing my fingers that we are almost out of this. And here are some pictures to document that life isn't always roses.
They've been spoiled getting to have their binkies and stuffies with them all day. 
 Eli trying to hug Jack who was feeling especially awful during bath time. He did NOT want to be touched unfortunately. 
 They NEVER fall asleep in my arms. After a hard core battle of getting them both to calm down watching them on my own, Jack fell asleep in my arms instantly once Zach got home and took Eli (it was only 6pm!). Poor boy :(
 Sitting in front of the window getting some cold fresh air in our lungs. 

1 comment:

  1. My girls have had this same thing! We are going on a little over a week, and I think they are FINALLY about over it. It's the worst. I can't imagine doing it with twins! I hope they are back to their happy selves soon!

    ReplyDelete