I got out of bed before my Valentines got up and made us breakfast! We had crepes with nutella, strawberries, bananas, and a homemade strawberry syrup/sauce. It was yummy and the boys loved trying nutella for the first time with what little appetite they had.
Taking a break from cooking for crying Eli who just needed a cuddle with mom, his candy, and his stuffy.
(oh the snot...)
I also had some little surprises set up for my men to wake up to. I was so excited to give the boys the cutest stuffed animals. I knew they would love them despite feeling so crummy! I could hear them crying already with Zach upstairs, but when they came down and saw the animals, they were all smiles for a while. They love loving on anything soft and squishy!
We spent the morning cuddling on the couch watching shows to distract from feeling miserable. I'm not complaining though! Snuggles are the best.
After some needed naps, we took the boys to First Dam where they got to feed the ducks for the first time. They really liked it and the beautiful fresh air was just what we needed.
For dinner we made empanadas (a tradition back from mine and Zach's first v-day date before I even knew I liked him), heart jello jigglers, and caesar salad. It was delish and the boys were in heaven getting to eat so much sugar for dinner. We even let them try our special drinks and their faces had Zach and I laughing so hard. One was a sparkling lemonade and they would sip it, do a freak out face, then ask "please" for more. I love memories like this!
This is reality. A beautifully set table with dinner and flowers from Zach.. and crying/whining children next to it. It was romantic let me tell you.
I am so in love with the three men in my life. It was so nice to spend the day of love with all of them. I am one lucky girl. (zach and I didn't get a picture together...)












What are those chair things you have for the boys? Those are awesome!!!
ReplyDeletehaha oh those are their bjourne seats we used when they were babies. Sometimes we pull them out but they are pretty big for them these days. We loved them and used them all the time throughout the first year though!
Delete