Sunday, March 15, 2015

Stomach Virus

We can now say we've experienced our first round of kids throwing up. Three words....SO MUCH LAUNDRY! It was just awful but there were so many blessings within our week of family chaos. Because of me having Parent Teacher Conferences and Zach having Spring Break, all the madness got to happen with both parents home and not with babysitters. Thank goodness!

Jack started off the week with no appetite. Anyone who knows Jack knows this is NOT like him. I mean he would full on skip meals instead of eating as much as a full grown adult. He was really docile and had the worst gas/poops for days. He threw up once in the night but it luckily didn't effect him that way very much.
Then Eli got it by Friday afternoon a few minutes after I walked in the door to start the weekend. The poor kid threw up 13 times (yes I counted) the rest of the day/that night. I've never seen him so limp, weak, and miserable. He just wanted to cuddle and would do the saddest little whimper when another round was coming and I'd do my best to catch it in the bowl. He and I got pretty good at minimizing the mess each time by the end of the night. When I would try to show him what to do with the bowl, he would lean over and blow in it haha. By 6:00pm he was out like a light on the couch. It was the sweetest and saddest thing I've ever seen. It broke my heart seeing him like that!
When I first gave Eli the "throw up bowl" he put it on his head and kept watching his show. Haha he didn't quite understand. 
 Such a sweet moment between Eli and Jack. Eli was miserable and cuddling with the bowl and Jack without any prompting scooted over and rubbed his arm/back. Eli didn't move a muscle and Jack was so sweet and gentle. Such a good brother. 
 When Eli fell asleep on the couch, Jack kept wanting to go touch him but I wouldn't let him. So he'd start looking at him and saying "shhh". 
Zach got it in the night on Saturday. He was miserable all of Sunday so we all stayed home and luckily I felt fine enough still to take care of the boys while Zach laid in our dark closet next the toilet all day. We had our couch fully covered with sheets/towels and the pillows covered with old t-shirts to protect it from 'surprises' haha.
Then Sunday night I started feeling the symptoms so I quickly arranged for my substitutes because I knew I wouldn't be able to go into work. I ended up having to take the next two days off of work while I paid my dues and got better and Zach was a gem and took care of the boys. I had a high fever all the second day of my turn and Eli kept wanting to take my temperature. Such a good little helper to take care of me.
We are so grateful for our health! It felt like a miracle to have all 4 of us back into our normal routine fully dressed and showered. Yay!



3 comments:

  1. Uggg no fun. I am sorry you've all been sick but glad you are past it. Yea for good health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Karli. I'm so sorry:( we've been through 4 rounds of the flu but never have they thrown up 13 times!!! Poor boys. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 rounds doesn't sound very ideal either! So sad! There's nothing worse than sick kids. Hope you are guys are healthy now too.

      Delete