Sunday, July 19, 2015

22 Months

I was just remembering to myself that I thought I'd stop these monthly updates after the boys turned one. After all it's kind of silly calling a child 22 months....But I already find myself looking back at each month and remembering where they were at and the things they were up to and I really love having that. I think I will vow to stop when they are officially 2 though and tone it down a bit :)

Last month I wrote about how the were really testing us with their behavior and having huge tantrums quite often. Looking back at this month, I'm realizing they were much better! They still had plenty of awful moments, but I don't feel like it was always a daily thing which is really hopeful!

My favorite part of them being 22 months is really how they are playing so well together. They find fun in the simplest things together. Like dragging things on the kitchen floor as they make loops around the island, endless chasing and running around the island, opening and closing doors on each other in different rooms, playing with tupperware lids, laundry baskets, emptying bins of toys and cleaning them up over and over, looking at books, etc. They are more often than not playing with or near the other rather than by themselves. I really think they are the best of friends already even though they can get on each others nerve.
One second they can be MAD at each other
and the next hugging and laughing
Jack: Jack still loves me the most. I love it but it can also be very tiring to be the only person he wants anything to do with. He is getting better though. He is so good at cheesing for pictures on command. He is great at using his words to say "peez" if he wants something and he thinks if he says that he is entitled to then take it.  I also catch him saying "tank tu" (thank you) all on his own when he is handed something. He loves saying "bye" to people and waving his fingers under his chin. He has somehow gotten in the habit of sucking his tongue...how? At first I thought it was so cute catching him do it but it actually looks pretty strange haha. He does when he is tired or in lounge mode on the couch or in the car. He started saying "Eli" and calls for him when he can't be seen.
 the tongue sucking
saying please with his hand out
saying bye 
Eli: Eli is the cutest little thing. I love when he dances lately, swaying his head and shoulders side to side. He has the best buck teeth smile and does it real big to copy us when we show him. Lately he always has his tongue hanging out of his mouth. It drives Zach bonkers but I think it's pretty cute. He also loves to pucker his lips. He does it to give the best kisses and also does it when he is surprised by something. He is also always pointing his little pointer finger at things. He says "are youuu" when he is looking for something. He learned how to say his friend Ronnie's name and says it "Onnie". Now he will search for "Onnie" almost every day. He also turned "Nana's" name into "Nanny".
 puckered lips
finger pointing
High fives/Pounds: They love giving high fives and pounding their knuckles. If they start they make sure that everyone in the room gets a turn.
Songs: They've started being interested in learning songs/actions. They join in at nursery during music time and it's so cute! Head, shoulders, knees, and toes is what they are best at. They also try to say "This little piggy" with their toes and act it out themselves on their feet. They put their fingers on their cheeks for "If you're happy and you know then your face will surely show it".
Cleaning: They love to clean! Wash things, sweep things, throw garbage away. A fight occurs daily over who gets to use the swiffer and we only have one...
New words: touch, wow ("how"), watch, crash (ash), down, done, book ("bo"), more (Eli says "mo" and Jack says "no"), eggs ("ez"), tissue, boat ("bo")

No comments:

Post a Comment