The first month of a new baby goes at lightning speed! We have felt so much love for this little girl as we've started to get to know her this first month in our family. Here are some pictures I took on her one month birthday :)
Her brothers wanted in on the action
Her eyelashes have grown every day this month I swear. I can't get enough of them and it's what people comment on the most about her.
She has such a pleasant/happy face even without smiling. But shortly after being one month old, she started giving us some real smiles. The first intentional smile that I feel wasn't just an accident was at Jack as he was singing I am a Child of God to her and it was the sweetest moment. And caught on camera!
She gets a bath every night now as part of creating a nighttime routine. She loves the warm water.
We started having her sleep in her own room and crib just after turning one month old. She's so teeny tiny in her big crib and I know she will grow into faster than I can imagine :( She use to hate when I would swaddle her so I always let her sleep with her arms out. And while she still does most of her napping unsaddled, I started swaddling her at night again just to see what would happen. She was actually 5 weeks when I did this and she slept 9 hours straight before I ended up waking her to feed her because I was I just couldn't believe she hadn't woken up yet! But after that day, she now will sleep around 8 hours before crying to eat again. Then she will sleep another 3-4. I'm so happy about this!
It's been fun to watch her head get stronger and stronger.
Her brothers love to take pictures of her on my phone. This is one they took :)
She is much more of a snuggle bug than Jack and Eli were. I often find myself just holding her through her naps because that is how she sleeps the best. If she is crying, she will almost always calm down if you hold her on your chest.
She has just started to grow out of newborn onesies and I'm starting to put on 0-3 on her.
She eats 4 oz every 3-4 hours in the day and is getting chubby and I love it.










She is so cute! And holy those eyelashes! Do you have snapchat? If so, what's your username?
ReplyDeleteI do! It's karli89. What's yours??
Deleteamandamichellef...i just added you!
ReplyDelete