Wednesday, January 4, 2017

No more naps

Since Joelle came into our family, we did a lot of living at my parents house for help while Zach was gone. The boys don't nap well away from home and they went most of those days not napping. I think they started getting used to it because ever since, it's been rough getting them to nap. They'd just start playing with each other instead. I mean who can blame them when you have your best friend in the same room as you. One day I put them down, and went in my room to try to take a much needed nap myself and they came in about half hour later dressed in their superhero capes and masks...clearly not napping haha. One day I finally did get them to fall asleep for a nap and that night around 7:30 when I put them to bed I thought all went well. But around 10:00pm when I was getting ready for bed I heard noises in their room and they were wide awake with all their stuffed animals set up in their beds and playing. That's when I decided I better stop making them try to take a nap. Such a sad transition I wasn't ready for because I LOVE NAP TIME. It's made our days feel so much longer for sure! They often get really emotional and cranky in the evening which isn't too fun but I'm sure they will adjust. But by 7:00pm they are begging for bed and go right to sleep instead of goofing around with each other so that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment